Saturday, March 6, 2010

Plenty more fish in the sea... pfft

So all this rain in Melbourne has inspired me to spend some time reflecting on the insular little world we inhabit. The incestuous circles we travel in.
Where-ever I go out, no matter how different the venue is from where I would normally go, I still manage to bump into people I know. Melbourne, for all its 3.7 million occupants, seems to be suffocatingly small. When I meet somebody new, just as I am starting to think that they might be the kind of guy I could date, it becomes apparent that they are one of two things:
1. Friends with somebody I have already dated.
2. Somebody one of my friends has already hooked up with.
The saying "plenty more fish in the sea" seems to me to be somewhat misleading. Who wants second-hand fish? Or, fish who have already been tainted by the one-eyed stories your ex has fed them?

No comments:

Post a Comment